The sky is the limit! Starting tomorrow I am hosting a charity event online that will last all month long with a big blowout at the end with a giveaway. This is my first (and hopefully not my last) charity fundraiser. What is it about and how do I help? Well, I’m glad you asked. Visit my site and on January 27, 2012 find my table in Orlando, Fl. to help raise money for Parkinson’s research.
During the month of January I hope to raise a minimum of $1000 through a raffle/giveaway. Buy a book (it will also double as a raffle ticket) and proceeds will be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation to forward progress towards a cure. By the end of the month I will pull two random names out of a bowl (via webcast on my site) and give each a $500 gift card.
Join the fight against Parkinson’s today.
Here’s a little about why I find this cause worth the time and effort to support:
- They support new and innovative ways to combat Parkinson’s.
- When ideas run dry with one group they move the funding to where progress is still being made by another group.
- Over 90% of the funds they gather go straight back into finding a cure.
- The onset of Parkinson’s disease for most is at the age of 60, but can be found in people as young as 18.
- Diagnosis of the disease is difficult at best with no set gene to point at or test to take. Besides the traditional signs associated with Parkinson’s disease – most go misdiagnosed.
That is something worth supporting. My list is short, but it hits the main reasons I want to do my part. Now you can help in this valiant effort by sharing and re-posting this blog.
Spread the word.
Every dollar works towards a day without Parkinson’s. Make this your first New Year’s Resolution and donate today!